Saturday, March 23, 2013

Blog Update #4

Software engineers use computer science and math to create computer software such as computer games, computer software and business applications. By designing, testing, and evaluating their work, they are able to create the computer software that we all use today.

Business analysts analyze existing software and information from a variety of departments and people to decide whether or not the software is working properly. They act as a translator between the needs of the business and what the software is capable of doing.

I would rather be a business analyst because I prefer the idea of analyzing business systems already created compared to creating and applying the principles of computer science that create the business systems.

Working with math and complex systems on a daily basis does not sound appealing, I prefer to compare, contrast and work with business systems already created to evaluate their effectiveness within the organization. I feel my personal strengths would be of greater use as a business analyst because my complex math skills are nor strong enough and I do not enjoy the challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment