Near field communication scares me the most because you never know what technologies are picking up information off of your personel. When this technology gets in the hands of the wrong people, it is much easier for things such as identity theft, credit card theft and information theft to occur without you even knowing. Yes, this can make life much easier in some circumstances such as paying via credit card or gaining entrance through a key a card but your vulnerability is extremely high and protecting yourself can be difficult.
I don't want the network to know my name or my personal address because as long as I remain "anonymous" but can still be placed in certain categories to gain information that may be relevant to my life, the network can still be beneficial without gaining or being able to release more personal information. By keeping this information private, it keeps personal security much stronger and it is more difficult to have "too" much information out there about yourself. If I want my name and address in the netwrok that is my decision but unless I know my information is being distributed, I would rather the network not know my name or address.
The context in which I feel about network intelligence is the safety and security of the advancements in network intelligence. As technology continues to grow and everything become "easier to use", the amount of security used between the technologies and their network intelligence decreases. I feel we need to find a more secure way to use network intelligence for our benefit without having to worry about personal security.
No comments:
Post a Comment